Specially selected ideas and activities to make the most of your time at home
For some of us, mindfulness can be a new and abstract term. On its basic form, mindfulness can be categorised as a form of meditation that has lots of health benefits. But if you are intimidated by the idea of sitting on the floor with your eyes closed, don’t worry, because the essence of mindfulness is actually be in the moment, whatever you are doing. It teaches you how to be present to yourself, and it can be a great tool for your kids as well. This link can give you a more in depth definition. On the following article, you will find 12 easy tips to teach your kids about mindfulness and give it a go yourself if you have never tried it before. Here is a quick recap:
1. Notice and name body sensations, thoughts, and emotions.
2. Enlist a guide.
3. Share a 3-breath hug.
4. Move, stretch, and notice body sensations.
5. Stop and be aware of surroundings.
6. Describe your own process of noticing, naming, and using the breath to calm yourself.
7. Eat a mindful snack.
8. Count the breaths.
9. Take a mindful nature walk.
10. Practice belly breathing.
11. Let them be.
12. Teach by example.