What data do we collect?
The World at Home only collects some personal data through an analytics platform.
We use Matomo, an open source web analytics platform which gives us 100% data ownership and privacy protection. Data is anonymised as recommended by Matomo and we don’t share or sell any data.
We use it in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors data for purposes of understanding and optimising our website.
We analyse the behaviour of the website visitors to identify potential pitfalls; not found pages, search engine indexing issues, which contents are the most appreciated, etc.
The analytics data we receive is sent to:
Matomo data is hosted in the United States of America.
We are keeping the analytics data captured within Matomo for a period of 180 days.
Matomo is processing the following personal data:
- IP address (We anonymise it)
- Location of the user
- Date and time
- Title of the page being viewed
- URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page
- Screen resolution
- Time in local timezone
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Link clicks to an outside domain
- Pages generation time
- Country, region, city
- Main Language of the browser
- User Agent of the browser
The processing of personal data with Matomo is based on legitimate interests.
Processing your personal data such as cookies is helping us identify what is working and what is not on our website. For example, it helps us identify if the way we are communicating is engaging or not and how we can organise the structure of the website better. Our team is benefiting from the processing of your personal data, and they are directly acting on the website. By processing your personal data, you can profit from a website which is getting better and better.
Without the data, we would not be able to provide you the service we are currently offering to you. Your data will be used only to improve the user experience on our website and help you find the information you are looking for.
As Matomo is processing personal data on legitimate interests, you can exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: you can ask us at any time to access your personal data.
- Right to erasure: you can ask us at any time to delete all the personal data we are processing about you.
- Right to object: you can object to the tracking of your personal data by using the following opt-out feature:
The right to withdraw consent at any time
You can withdraw at any time your consent by clicking here.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
World at Home uses some cookies.
- We use Cloudflare to help us optimise and protect this site. Cloudflare may place a cookie in your browser to provide its services. You can read more about this here – Cloudflare Privacy & Security Policy.
- Statistics cookies – We use Matomo. See all information about Matomo Above.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you think that the way we process your personal data is infringing the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.